Open Diabetes Troubleshooting Steps
I'm getting a "No Data Available" message.
This could be for a variety of reasons:
- There may not be blood glucose data stored in the Health app. You can check this by opening the Health app and tapping to:
Results > Blood Glucose > Show All Data
- Open Diabetes may not have permission to access data in the Health app. You can enable access by opening the Settings app and tapping to:
Privacy > Health > OpenDiabetes
- There may not be data available for the time period selected. Try selecting a broader range of dates in 'Averages' view, or picking a different date in the 'Daily' view.
I'm having trouble connecting my device to the Health app.
Not all meters and CGM systems have an app that supports syncing to Apple's Health app. Below is a list of devices and apps that support syncing to Apple's Health app, and how to find the data sync setting in each:
- Dexcom G5 - Dexcom G5 Mobile
Menu > Settings > Health
(Note: there is a 3 hour delay on the data sync)
- OneTouch Verio Sync - OneTouch Reveal
Menu > Settings > Connections > Apple Health
Note that some manufacturers have implemented a delay of up to 3 hours for their app to sync data to the Apple Health app.
If you have your device/app working with Open Diabetes and it is not listed here, let me know!
I have a question, feature request or I encountered a bug.
Please let me know! Open Diabetes development is an ongoing process, and feedback from you will help shape its future. I'm available by email or feel free to post/message me on Facebook and Twitter.